Pages Menu
Categories Menu

Mableton Snapshot

 
Mableton is located in Cobb County, Georgia, United States. As of the 2000 census, the CDP had a total population of 29,733.

The town is named for Robert Mable, who bought 300 acres of land on September 11th, 1843. The Southern Railway opened a train station in Mableton in December 1881, and in 1882 the post office opened on June 28th, replacing the Bryantville post office about two miles southeast.

In 1912 it was incorporated as a town on August 19th, but in 1916 dis incorporated on August 17th. The historic original Mable House and plantation, located on Floyd Road just north of Clay Road, now includes an amphitheater which hosts public events.