Pages Menu
Categories Menu

Holly Springs Snapshot

The City was incorporated in 1906, and quickly began building up around a busy train depot established by the L&N Railroad (now the Georgia Northeastern Railway). That depot, now the Holly Springs Community Center, was painstakingly restored by the City in the late 1990’s and is a source of immense civic pride for our local residents.

Located just north of Woodstock in central Cherokee County, Holly Springs is a beautiful little town of only seven square miles. Legend has it that the name Holly Springs came from Indians that camped at a spring near where the town was formed. Holly trees grew beside the spring, thus the city derived it’s name. Holly Springs was incorporated in 1906 and became a busy little town after the L&N Railroad established a train depot there.

Population: 4,988
Total Area: 7 Square Miles